Tuesday 3 March 2009

More training, fundraising and Sportives

Charities

Things are starting to take shape now and I've settled on The Guide Dogs for the Blind as the main charity. It's close to my heart as my mum is registered blind and has had Guide Dogs since I was 8 years old. I've even spent a bit of time working at the kennels in Forfar.

The second group I'm raising money for is Coisir Og Inbhir Nis, this is a Gaelic Youth choir based in Inverness and is open to all school age children in the Inverness area that attend Gaelic Medium education or who are fluent Gaelic speakers. Travelling to and from competitions, uniforms and hiring venues is a costly business and I am more than happy to fund raise for them. My daughter attends Bun Sgoil Gaidhlig Inbhir Nis and is a member of the choir so again it's an organisation close to my heart.

Training

It's going slowly but steadily, I recieved my new road bike (more on that in my next post) and I've had a couple of training runs out on it. I gave it's first middle distance run on Sunday, approx 25 miles round the Beauly Firth in just under 2 hours. We weren't exactly tanking it so I felt reasonably fresh afterwards.

Sportives

I've entered the Ullapool Mór Sportive for the 26th September, it's 130 miles long and is the motivation I sorely need to get me on the road to being fit for next year. I'll be paying for my entry to the Cairngorm Sportive at the end of this month (pay day!).

You can see my name on the entrants list for the Ullapool Mor here. Just to prove that I am actually going ahead with it!

No comments: