Wednesday 14 January 2009

Training

As part of the training for the tour I'll need to get as many big trips done as possible. Part of this will include entering a few Sportives in and around the Highlands this year.

For starters I'll be entering the Etpe Caledonia on 17th May 2009. This is a traffic free event and I'm really looking forward to it.

Then there's the Skye Sportive on 30th May 2009.

Cairngorm Mountain Sportive - 13th June 2009

Ullapool Sportive - 26th September 2009.

I've had a long think about things and much as I'd love to time the tour with the Homecoming Scotland celebrations, time constraints are going to make it unlikely. My wife is still at University and trying to cram in a 3 - 4 week trip on top of juggling childcare and dubious finances is probably going to prove to be too difficult to manage. So the new date will be set for spring 2010. This will give me a chance to properly train and organise sponsorship.

No comments: